What YOU Can Do Against Dog Attacks
Activism – Make a Difference – Take ACTION!
NO Dogs, Please! is more than an information website, we are an activist initiative against dog attacks and all other problems created by this epidemic. We propose in order to be heard we must Not continue to be suffering in silence.
Numbers are far stronger than individuals. It is time to stop the dog harassment we experience continually and for some of us on a daily basis.
“If you’re not part of the solution –
you’re part of the problem.”
LeRoy Eldridge Cleaver
What YOU Can Do!
We ask you get involved in the following ways:
• Our flyers or mini-posters that will be at your disposal for your individual communities around the world. Please distribute these in public places for advertisements to the dog-assaulted marginalized. As we bring more people to our website our numbers will grow.
• If you start seeing our posters in your communities, and you were not the one who put them there, you have friends and supporters nearby. Let us know of a poster sighting!
• Join the Facebook group (soon). We will rally individually and/or collectively to share our thoughts and concerns regarding our dog-centric society. The more members we have, the louder our voice will be heard and so we can fight dog attacks more effectively.
• Write one brief, all-encompassing letter addressing your personal issues with dog assault. As opportunities present themselves, we may call upon you to mail your letter to our target recipient. For instance, a news article that allows for community response, city council members who need support or persuasion through email, prosecutors, mayors, senators, governors, bad dog owners, etc. One person writing a letter or email may go ignored or unnoticed…but hundreds of participants writing hundreds of letters should get someone’s attention.
• Eventually, it is our goal to establish small groups of like-minded victims in each community to rally together for support, to attend court trials and city council meetings, and to serve as community alliances in areas where law enforcement or animal (owner) control are unacceptably incompetent. No one appreciate dog attacks.
• In the near future we will be providing mass mailing services to targeted communities selected by you. These brochures will help educate your neighbors to the ramifications of dog assault and help assist them to understand the importance of their participation in their own community’s dog issues.
Spectators x Citizens
Many countries have become too much a place of spectators. We watch politics on television instead of getting involved in politics. We will watch the war in Iraq, as we watched the war in Afghanistan, not as citizens, but as spectators.
Help Fight Dog Attacks
The two are at the opposite ends of the civic spectrum. Citizens are active, engaged, responsible partners in changing the world for the better.
Spectators merely watch the world happen to them.. and, as a result, invariably they are fearful and anxious.
Citizens, by contrast, are always fearless, not because they are without fear, but because in their activities and actions they have found a way to overcome fear.
What to do Right Now!
There are many things you can do, several actions you can take, from informing and inviting your friends to join the cause or directly contacting your city representatives or favorite news reporter. This page What YOU Can Do Against Dog Attacks is going to list a series of initiatives, each one related to the specific issue that is afflicting you the most, or all of them.